NEW! Cabin on the Other Lake
Dee and Amy have been running the “Cabin on the Lake” since 2014. After a significant period of dream and planning, in 2023 the brand new… “Cabin on the Other Lake” was launched. The cabin is another unique and wonderful place, sitting on the banks of our other lake, several hundred meters and a woodland away from the original lake and cabin.
This New (2023) Cabin has features similar to the original cabin but in many ways it’s an upgrade focusing on comfort and style. A well insulated building, with large double glazed french doors alongside fantastic local craftsmanship means this cabin is cosier and more polished than the original. Solar powered lighting and USB sockets, as well as gas fired hot water on tap bring the comfort up to a whole new level.
Rest in your own, private wood-fired hot tub at the edge of the lake, then dip in the cool waters, if you’re feeling hardy! The cosy cabin has a tiny wood burning stove which easily gives out enough heat to keep it warm even in the coldest months. The well equipped kitchen is sited under the long overhanging roof alongside the bedroom so you can have the delight of outdoor cooking in the fresh air knowing you’ll always be dry.
Everything we can think of is provided so that you can have a hassle-free, luxury stay. Experience the joy of camping in the outdoors with none of the packing! Your hosts are just a few hundred meters away if you need anything, just phone or knock and we can provide.
The Cabin Features:
- A 6ft galvanised steel bath/hot tub, externally heated by lighting a fire under a smart stainless steel coil, an amazing place to watch the stars and wildlife from with magnificent lake and woodland views.
- Wood-burning stove with glass door to watch the flames
- Sumptuous king size bed with soft, warm “just like down” vegan duvet, spare blankets and hot water bottles are provided
- Well equipped camp kitchen with a double burner gas hob, saucepans, cutlery, crockery and utensils, ambient food storage box and large cool-box (ice blocks can be changed nearby)
- A rather nice outdoor sofa / day bed, a comfortable spot to watch the lake and the stars from.
- Also outside is a neat bistro table and chairs which you can move about depending on the weather, and a state of the art smokeless firepit, perfect for cosy evening marshmallows
The bathroom is indoors and undercover, right next to the bedroom. There is unique, private Swedish style composting toilet, basin with warm water and surprisingly glorious gas powered shower (view of the lake optional!)