Cabin on the Other Lake
We’ve tried to think of everything! We’re passionate about making sure you have a perfect, wonderful stay. The cabin is pretty well equipped, if there’s something you think we missed just let us know and we’ll see what we can do. Here’s a list of what’s included:
- Inside: Kingsize bed, all bed linen, kingsize “soft as down” (vegan) duvet, 4 pillows, scrumptious blankets, 2 hot-water bottles, head torches, reading lights, wood burning stove (with wood, kindling, lighters etc), The Cabin Manual, board games and an incredible view of the outside
- Outside: Dining chairs, Dining table, Sofa/ day bed, Gas cooking stove, Cool Box, Saucepans, Frying pan, Kettle, Colander, Kitchen utensils, Cutlery, Plates, Bowls, Mugs, Wine Glasses, Champagne Glasses, Water Glasses, Cafetiere, Tea towels, Washing up liquid, Soap, Canoe, Paddles, Buoyancy Aids, Hot Tub (with a mixing paddle, cover and a thermometer). Amazing wildlife, dark skies, peace and beauty
- Firewood: we’re including a very healthy 4 large bags of firewood for your first night and 1 additional for each night of your stay at the cabin. If you need extras you can pick some up for £5 /bag.
- Welcome: A hearty warm welcome from your hosts, plus some kitchen basics – mixed herbs, salt and pepper, chilli flakes and cooking oil (these seem to be the things we forget most often when camping!)
What do I need to bring?
Although we’ve tried to think of everything, there’s still some personal items we recommend you bring with you.
- Towels (or we can provide bath sheets for £10 per person)
- Wellies! It is Wales after all (this is essential – if you come without wellies you might get very muddy / wet feet)
- Toothbrush (toiletries etc. we’ve supplied the loo roll!)
- Food & Drink
- Warm clothes, waterproofs and cosy pyjamas. Sitting out at night can get a bit nippy – we’ve got some cosy blankets in the cabin to keep your knees warm but we’d also recommend you bring lots of layers & a woolly jumper
- Flip flops, crocs or similar might be nice for moving between hot tub, shower and cabin
- The Cabin has integrated lighting in the kitchen area, bathroom and bedroom. Head torches and a lantern/torch are provided.
What about the Nitty Gritty?
- Showering & Washing: There’s a gas powered shower with a view and Eco-Spa hair & body wash is provided for you. Please don’t use other soaps /shampoos as the grey water soaks away to the environment
- The Loo: is a urine-separating compost loo, it’s quite fab and really doesn’t smell (plus it’s extremely eco-friendly)
- Water: There is safe, fresh, clear, UV filtered spring water running to the cabin. The water is safe for drinking and we are inspected regularly, you don’t need to bring drinking water.
Did I hear you say “Extra Special”?
- Massage: We’re extremely lucky that Amy’s mum Livy is an expert and experienced therapeutic masseuse (more info), you can arrange an amazing 1 hour massage with her at the house for £55. It’s one not to be missed, over 30 years of experience is really apparent in her talent. (Massage is subject to Livy’s availability)
Give us a ring or send us a message for more info – contact us