Coronavirus update

Coronavirus Update

Since our last update we have been following the dramatic development of this pandemic across the world, hoping for the best but realising that drastic measures are needed to combat its spread. It seems we are at that point now.

Following the government advice to avoid all non-essential travel and to practice social distancing we feel, as individuals and as business owners, that we must play our part in reducing the spread of the virus and of course to protect our family and friends, our guests and ourselves.

We are very sad that Cabin on the Lake and Gwalia Camping are now closed for the time being. As this is our livelihood this has been a very difficult decision to make but is the right thing to do.

Existing Bookings

In light of the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in.  If you have an existing booking in the next 3 months we’ll be in touch to discuss.  We really hope that you’ll re-book with us as soon as we’re open for business again. We’ll review the following months on an ongoing basis, we’d love to have you back as soon as it’s safe. As this is such a rapidly evolving situation we will let you know if our policy changes. Keep in touch via social media, our mailing list and our website. We will reopen when government advice permits and we feel that it is a responsible thing to do.

We know that we are not alone in facing challenging times and we hope that you and your loved ones stay well.

New Bookings

We’re not going to take any new bookings for now. We don’t know when we’re going to be opening again and we prefer not to take any money until we’re sure we can offer you that perfect escape (dealing with refunds/rearrangements can be quite stressful and also expensive as we still have to pay bank charges). Please sign up to our mailing list here, we’ll send out an email when things become more clear and we’re able to take bookings again.

Best wishes,

Dee and Amy